Well, I’m still waiting on my sprouts to appear –
the weather turned off a bit cool, and I think that slowed them down a bit.
But I am excited to try this particular aspect of the challenge, simply because buying sprouted flour
IS STINKIN’ EXPENSIVE!
But here’s the basic premise:
- Soak whole grain in water to cover and set in a warm part of your home overnight (8 to 12 hours).
- Drain grain into a fine mesh sieve and rinse thoroughly, stirring the grains with your fingers.
- Continue this process for one day or until the grains begin to plump and a white root barely emerges from one end.
- Spread the grains on your dehydrating trays and set the temperature to 105 to 110 degrees and dehydrate the grains until they are completely dry
- Pour the grain into the hopper of your grain mill and grind as you normally would.
Week One of the Real Food Challenge…
six days down, twenty-two to go!